- Jackets win two in a row on the road, 4-3 over Phoenix. Two goals for Rick Nash. CBJ now only 19 points out of the playoffs! Woo-hoo!
- OSU loses in OT, their series with NMU will go to the third game tonight. I didn’t make it out to the game…my official excuse is watching the Jackets game, but really I was listening to G&B call the Jackets game on 1460 and reading The Fire Dwellers by Margaret Laurence.
- NBC drops today’s Canes-Thrashers game from its schedule. It’s more important to see the umpteenth Flyers-Pens and Wings-Avs meetings of the year, I suppose. I can understand why they dropped the Jackets-Blues game in a couple weeks, but this game actually has playoff race implications. I’d say “Thank Zeus for Center Ice,” but NBC dropped this game so late that there’s no local TV either. Boo.
- Golden Hawks going to the provincial championships! Huzzah!
- I watched a really lame soccer game yesterday. Newcastle 0 Middlesbrough 0. Toon had some chances, but no finish. This seems to be a theme in my fandom…