Here are the rules:
1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Eight random things about me…let’s see if I can make these all hockey-related:
1. Shameful hockey fan confession time: Although I remember watching the 1980 Winter Olympics, I have no memory of the “Miracle on Ice.” I was a big fan of speedskaters Eric and Beth Heiden, but I don’t think I watched the hockey at all.
2. I have only ever left three hockey games early — a St. Lawrence game because I spotted someone I was trying to hide from in the crowd, a Laurier-Western game where Western was leading something like 6-0, and the Jackets-Avs game last November, because the Jackets were just sucking out loud, it was a terrible game, and I was leaving for vacation the next day.
3. I have a scar on the big toe of my right foot from when I was changing after a game at Sports Plus, took off my right skate, then promptly stepped on my right foot with my left skate. It bled a lot.
4. The most famous person I’ve ever played hockey with is Tom Courchene.
5. I own more than fifty hockey jerseys.
6. Although I disapprove of Jim Balsillie’s Predators stealing ways, I did just buy a BlackBerry. Although I considered not buying it just because of the hockey thing. But I really, really like it.
7. The very first hockey game I remember watching on TV was between the Bruins and North Stars. It was on ESPN during the 1985-86 season. One of the announcers said something about “icing the puck,” and I thought that meant when you did a hockey stop and threw up ice shavings.
8. I watched a player get a misconduct penalty for hair-pulling during a Jr. B game between Stratford and Waterloo in 1996. He really did pull the other guy’s hair; I saw it.
Okay, now I have to tag some people back. Eight is way too many…
Six is enough.