I set up an alert for “hockey” on my Google news page, and it’s been leading me to all kinds of random goodies. Some stories to read on Hockey Day in Canada:
- A Canadian playing pro hockey in Hungary is a finalist for “sexiest vegetarian.”
- The New York Times covers an AHL rivalry in Connecticut.
- Also from the Times, the Islanders are helping to build amateur hockey in China.
- Hockey is more popular than basketball, says a new Harris poll.
- Michigan pond hockey classic taking place near Ann Arbor
- Juanita Hess of Oklahoma City (yes, the one in Oklahoma) has had season tickets to every OKC hockey season since 1965.
- Girls hockey is gaining popularity in South Dakota.
- Kids are enjoying an afterschool hockey program in Evansville, Indiana.
- A profile of a young hockey player from Oxford, England, on his way to play in a tournament in Canada.
- An adult hockey tournament taking place in Southeastern Texas.